Which chains should Stader expand to next?

indeed @Steve, as @Ps23Gold explained, XRP does not follow a PoS consensus mechanism and it is therefore not possible to create a liquid staking solution there.

For more info: Introduction to Consensus - XRPL.org

2 Likes

I will suggest Waves Ecosystem.
There are different validators on Waves investment app but the Ecosystem lacks liquid staking.
Stader can also consider AZERO as the project is still new.

5 Likes

I believe Casper Network ($ CSPR) is worth considering ā€¦

3 Likes

Whatā€™s Casper? Do shill please :smirk:

1 Like

I really canā€™t understand why Stader still not on cosmos.
KUJIRA and COSMOS - is the best choice that Stader can do. Letā€™s see why:

The USK stablecoin that can be minted for ATOMx or KUJIx will increase the opportunities of minting USK.
Staderā€™s SD token can be listed on FIN DEX of Kujira the fast growing decentralized exchange and help kujira expand liquidity moreover SD token will enter the cosmos community and thousands of people will love to have a share of SD revenue(as mentioned in SD tokenomic).
Kujiā€™s ORCA - the bidder for liquidations will contribute by collecting users liquidated ATOMx or KUJIx and all this while itā€™s keep staking in the protocol. (similar to ORCA that were build on terra classic).
Stader can continue his expanding to Osmosis DEX right after listing on FIN.
Maybe even think about staking the SD tokens on Cosmos chain it self with SD/SDx pair on FIN and osmosis.

The expansion on cosmos will provide Stader easy way to keep their ā€œbuildingā€ travel for every cosmos chain they want.

JUNO network looks very promising chain, liquid staking for JUNO and soon the perp and option trading platform that Levana will bring adoption for JUNO and Cosmos ecosystem.
It would not be superfluous to mention that that in classiest time Levana REKT dragons will migrate Ethereumā€™s NFT collection from OpenSea to Stargaze JUNO NFT platform to proceed with adoption for cosmos ecosystem.
MintDAO the NFT 3.0 - already known and active in eth/bsc/ftm/polygon/avax/moonbeam is expanding to JUNO network to bring more community members to cosmos ecosystem.

I have more convincing facts to share with Strader why Cosmos is the best choice for you but the no one will read the TL;DR :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is exactly what it says, ADA doesnā€™t necessary in liquid staking :slight_smile:

Cosmos is surely interesting and especially after v2, itā€™s worth looking at. For liquid staking to thrive, the market cap needs to be huge (e.g. BNB chain has >40 Bn marketcap). Most of the chains we are live on except for Fantom have >1 Bn USD worth of market cap.

Having said that, Cosmos is interesting to look at for sure. Also think some of the new Move chains, Eth and L2s have a huge potential.

3 Likes

Congratulation to the Stader team on the recent launches and the progress you guys have made.

In terms of the next staking protocol, Cosmos v2 is a solid contender but their monetary program wont kick it till super late and the planned long term yield is set to 1% for Adam staking (according to zaki). Their security mechanism IIRC is not very capital determined. That said, plugging into IBC with CosmosX opens Stader up to a whole new ecosystem too.

Depending on what Stader on wants to do long term, it can also explore offering staking as a service to app chains and Dapps or onboard newer protocols like Aptos,Sui etc.

3 Likes

Agreed! ETH is a must!

2 Likes

I wonder if ETH or DOT would be possible!

Liquid DOT is already possible on the Acala network. There is no importance in developing the protocol if there is an original one onboard. Acala provided the liquid earnings from the beginning.

Aleph ZERO ! Interesting.

1 Like

well I disagree with you here, the fact that there are other protocols having built liquid staking already doenst mean that any competitor should enter the space. There is a reason why monopolistic markets function worse than competitive ones donā€™t you think?

E.g I think the healthy competition between platforms like Lido, RocketPool and Stader is a net positive for the industry. Same as other rivalries in realms like DEX or Money Markets :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey and thank you for your answer. Iā€™ll explain myself better.
Acala Network is a parachain on Polkadot, Iā€™m not a big professional of the Polkadot system.
But if you canā€™t win the parachain crawdloan itā€™s less worth it.
Acala let you liquid-stake your DOT, earn rewards by pooling it for LP or just hold a liquid stake.
You can MINT aUSD and use it for various purposes on Polkadot DEFI.
By the way, ORCA liquidations of Kujira soon will integrate DOT liquidations from Acala.
What I try to say, it seems like DOT already has a proper well-organized liquid staking the one that let you mint aUSD and itā€™s surrounded by all Polkadot and Kusama DeFi ecosystems. Maybe I donā€™t understand enough about the Polkadot ecosystem, but it seems like DOT is less tempting for Stader.

3 Likes

ETH and ATOM of course. Biggest TVL and for ETH its decentralisation too. Iā€™d make the stake on censority-free validators agenda.

3 Likes

it is so clear now, thanks a lot for your insights. Makes a lot of sense.
I still think that Stader should comission second-priority blockchains like DOT, SOL, and AVAX to other companies, that build it under the Stader brand.

Say Stader by itself can be present in 12 blockchains by end of 2023.
Now say that Stader can be present in 6 more blockchains, for a total of 18, by end of 2023 if they allow other teams to build on those ā€œsecond priority blockchainsā€.

This is a model Lido uses (Lido only codes in ETH, and they let other people build their SOL, DOT, ā€¦ solutions). I think they are very successful with it.

3 Likes

That sounds wonderful, if Stader can succeed in such a task, I acclaim it with both hands :slight_smile:

I havenā€™t heard about that, going to do my DYOR about that topic. As I mentioned before, sounds pretty well if Stader can collaborate with such teams to make it happen.

3 Likes

Moonbeam- GLMR doesnā€™t have liquid or compound stakingāœØ

2 Likes

I think you should consider the Kadena if that possibility exists. There are many reasons why. Huge number of people holding #kda even though there is a zero option against inflation. Occasionally coinbase announces a staking but it fills up within minutes. It should also be taken into account that Kadena has one of the strongest communities and that it would be a smart move for marketing and exposure of the stader.

3 Likes

@Hogsss @Pama realy good recommendations!

1 Like