Stader’s ETHx will be a liquid staked token for ETH that will help users get the best in class ETH staking yield powered by a unique multi pool architecture that will enable decentralization without compromising on scalability.
The multi pool architecture will target to allocate 70% of ETH staked via Stader, to Permissionless Node Operators and 30% to Permissioned Node Operators to begin with (subject to availability of Permissionless supply).
Permissionless Node Operators will continue to form the backbone of ETHx and the Permissioned Node Operator set would be made up of high performing operators who can ensure that ETHx can be scaled seamlessly.
This post is a call for interested parties to apply to become a part of the ETHx Permissioned Node Operator set.
Permissioned Node Operators in ETHx:
Permissioned NOs in ETHx will receive 5% of the sum of ETH Staking Rewards, MEV and Priority Gas Fees. Permissioned NOs do not have to put up a bond at the time of ETHx launch.
They will not be eligible for any SD rewards (Permissionless Node Operators will continue to receive SD rewards). A few months post launch, the permissioned NOs will need to put up a bond of at least 0.4 ETH worth of $SD per validator spun up and then become eligible to receive SD rewards.
Oracles are an integral part of the ETHx architecture and decentralization of Oracle infrastructure is a key goal for Stader
- Select Permissioned Node Operators, and prominent members of the ETH community, will be eligible to run Oracle Nodes for Stader in exchange for additional rewards. Additional details to be shared later
Principles of Permissioned Node Operator Selection:
Permissioned Node Operators will be selected in phases. In Phase 1 of onboarding we expect to select 5-7 permissioned node operators. Through the year, based on the inflow of staked ETH, need for scalability, performance of Phase 1 set, the Stader DAO will decide on further ‘Phases’ of onboarding.
The key parameters on which Node Operators will be evaluated, are:
Permissioned Node Operators should have experience running Nodes on ETH and have a history of high performance to ensure highest returns for ETHx users. We will use data by Rated Network to assess historical performance.
- Security and Risk Management
Permissioned Node Operators should have implemented risk management practices, including robust key management (E.g. secure storage, access gating, logging), business continuity measures and policies to reduce operational risk.
- Community & Protocol Development
Contribution to the Ethereum community and potential to contribute towards the development of Stader protocol. Applicants are encouraged to describe their contributions and share any supporting documents/ links in the google form
Beyond the parameters listed above, in order to mitigate concentration risk, the operator set selection should reflect diversity in:
- Consensus Layer Client
- Geography of Operation
- Legal jurisdiction of Operation
- Interested Permissioned Node Operators should go through the primer doc here
- Operators can apply by filling the google form here
- Applications through the google form will be collected from 18th April to 24th April
- Stader DAO will evaluate the applications and announce the shortlisted Node Operators by 27th April
- The applications of the shortlisted NOs will then be put up for snapshot vote to be voted on by the community
In case of any additional queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Thank you for reading!